Digestible e-Builder® News
Hey there toast lovers! Advanced reporting, RFIs and more served fresh to your inbox! Lovingly prepared by your friends at Avicado. Our consultants and system administrators know e-Builder® inside and out, and we’re here to help. Check out our new team page to learn more about your friends at Avicado!
e-Builder® Module Breakdown
Get a piece of Planning!
Purpose: The planning module is for Directors or Program Managers to evaluate future projected spending along with current spending at a high level.
Benefit: This allows businesses to maximize return on investment and ensure financial resources are being used most effectively
Key required elements: Active projects, planned projects/scenarios, and funding What to do:
- Create capital plan that consists of funding, active projects, and scenarios.
- Setup scenarios within projects broken down by category and enter estimates for each line.
- Setup a duration and a cashflow for expected spend.
- Setup funding for the entire capital plan within the year that the funds are expected to be received.
- Escalations can be considered as a percentage increase in the cash flow.
Here’s a sample:
Get a bite of Bidding in e-Builder®
Why an owner’s tool can help maximize bidding efficiency:
The 5 Phases of the Bidding Process
- Preparation of bid documents
- It’s recommended to create a folder for Bid Documents as well as bid responses
- If you are doing repeatable work, you may want to establish a Bid Scope Template, which can be imported for convenience
- CSI- based Construction Codes may be used to format the bid
- Bid Solicitation
- Potential Bidders is where you will formulate your initial list of companies that you would like to bid on your construction project
- Once you invite a company from the list in e-Builder, they are removed from the potential bidder’s list and move to “Invited Bidders”
- Invitation to Bid
- Emails will then be sent to all invited bidders containing necessary login information to the Bidding Portal
- The Bid
- The Bidding Portal has a different URL than e-Builder’s main site: https://bidders.e-builder.net
- eB logins don’t work there, you must use the login credentials in the email you received
- Bidders must Accept or Decline the Invitation To Bid (ITB):
- Bid Review & Tabulation
- Bids are automatically tabulated for easy comparison
- Compare bids to estimated costs easily and quickly
Wondering what the checkbox below does?
On the RFI process there is a checkbox for “Reason Code”. Some of the processes only have 1 option selected whereas others have 2 or 3 options selected
- It repeats the row for each value that was selected (in the event that the field type allows multiple values)
Report WITH the box checked:
Report WITHOUT the box checked:
- Notice how the grouping appears different below:
**Pro Tip: You have to check this box if you’d like to group by responsible actor**
Featured e-Builder® Consultant
Paulina Zawistowska – System Administrator
Paulina joined Avicado earlier this year as a System Administrator who is versed in all aspects of operations including logistics, project management, production and customer relations. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from the University of Central Florida. Paulina is also a Project Management Professional and brings a high level of organization and energy into her work each day!
Avicado Toast from e-Builder® Experts
Avicado Toast is produced by Avicado Construction Technology Partners. With over $50 billion dollars in managed projects and clients in the Fortune 500, we know a thing or two about Improving your experience with e-Builder™. To learn more about Avicado Services visit www.avicado.com.