Want a process to hold until all spawned processes are completed?
- An automated hold step that evaluates when all of the spawns are Finished and then notifies the managing user when all are complete, alleviates the need to manually check the status of each spawn or intentionally hold a process in their court for a long time.
- The managing user is only prompted to take action on the parent process when all of the spawns are Finished.
- An automatic hold step that evaluates a condition like this is an easy way to keep the user from added responsibility and only gets the user’s attention when it’s really needed.
- A process is initiated to start closeout of a project. The process is intended to manage a complete project closeout that might entail many different aspects such as final punch list walks, documentation turnover, financial closeout and other closeout items (referred to as a “Parent Process”).
- The project isn’t considered to be fully closed out until ALL of the child processes are in Finish status.
- For instance the final punchlist walks and financial closeout may be finished but all the documentation is still being turned over and you only want to get notified once all child process are complete.